Friday, May 22, 2009

Are we living true

So I was just reading over the "Unity National Athem"(Negro National Anthem), and as I read I began to think about what the words mean. I thought about the fact the only time you sing this song is during special holidays or events and mostly in February. As I read I thought about the Hampton Man and thought about any one that calls thems selves a man. It's important to know where you have been and who you are to get to where you are destined to go. As I post this I want you to read no matter white, black, jew or what ever your creed may be. I want you to decide are you living all you can be. To me I think we should change the name from the Negro National Anthem to the Unity National Athem for the song service as a constant reminder to liberate our selves from the dark pass that originally brought us here to soul journ to a new front tear of brother hood and togetherness.

Lift Every Voice and sing till earth and heaven ringRing with the harmonies of libertyLet our rejoicing rise high as the listening skiesLet it resound loud as the rolling sea
Sing a song, full of the faith that the dark past has taught usSing a song, full of the hope that the present has brought usFacing the rising sum of our new day begunLet us march on till victory is won
Stony the road we trod, bitter the chastening rodfelt in the days when hope unborn had diedyet with a steady beat, have not our weary feetcome to the place for which our fathers sighed?
We have come, over a way that which tears has been wateredWe have come, treading out path through the blood of the slaughteredOut of the gloomy past, till now we stand at last,Where the white gleam of our bright star is cast
GOD of our weary years, GOD of our silent tearsThou Who has brought us thus far on the wayThou Who hast by Thy might, led us into the lightKeep us for-e-ver in the path we pray
Lest our feet, stray from the places our GOD where me met theeLest our hearts, drunk with the wine of the world we forget TheeShadowed beneath thy hand, may we forever standTRUE TO OUR GOD, TRUE TO OUR NATIVE LAND

No comments:

Post a Comment