Friday, May 1, 2009

#4 30Day Work Out Plan

No Message no return! Creating a message of success
In the 1989 move Field of Dreams, there is a mystery voice that speaks to Ray the voice tells him “If you build it, they will come.”
At the time he wanted to know who they were. As we grow in this constantly changing topsy-turvy world, we often forget about the small things in life. The small things like greeting passer buyers or telling your love ones you love them before leaving the house. Even down to picking up the phone to call a friend, family member, or even a business partner. We have gotten to the age of an email or text message. No more sitting down to write a hand written letter and show a little more effort. And when we do place a call we never leave a message. As you strive to reach your goal of success you must have a message. You must have some type of substance that can create a return. Leaving a message is just like being a farmer or gardener you are planting seeds. A message can be as simple as speaking to the different people you pass every time you enter in the grocery store and or connivance store. I do realize the entire point of a connivance store is for you to get in and get out. No one ever said you had to speak. What about taking the time to speak to the drive through rep that assists you with your food. I know that is unthought-of I know you may say they call it fast food for a reason. However you do this to create a message of who you are and your values. When you call someone and they do not answer the phone do you leave a message or do you hang up. How or why do you expect a phone call when you do not leave a message? That drives me crazy personally. Any time a person calls and do not leave a message it gets to me. I think to myself what they think I sit around twit tiling my thumbs all day. No I do not I have things to do I have people to help so I call them when I call them. I have learned and still learning that a message should be direct and to the point. It should be catching and encourage someone to call you back. That being said when leaving a message it does not have to be long winded it can be short. That being said it is rude to waist people time so when setting your voicemail it’s unprofessional to try and play an entire song and or give them a sermon. That is why they have social networks for you let people know what’s on your mind.
By creating a message you set yourself up for a return. I have used a verbal message for my example however I want to remind you of the accessories we have talked about previously. A message could be your pride in your walk, your dress and or your appearance, a message can even be your business card, or the upkeep of your house and car. Your message is your on sight portfolio, it represent your who, what, when, and how. When you have a message there is no need to boast or do self edification, because your message does that for you! When you create a message you will get a return.

No comments:

Post a Comment